Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

IUI Round 2: Progress Report 2

I had the scan this morning with Dr Flynn, who had a different technique to Dr Swift, which was a bit off-putting.  But otherwise everything went fine.  He said I only have one follicle this time, to Dave's great relief, but that it's "a beauty".  His recommendation was that I have a trigger injection today and we do the IUI tomorrow, as I suspected we would have to.  After the scan, I had another blood test just to check everything was progressing nicely, and they gave me the trigger shot.

At lunchtime the Clinic called and confirmed what I had suspected: I was already beginning to surge so the trigger probably hadn't been necessary, but it didn't hurt either.  So we're all go for tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately the timing this round isn't great: we've both ended up having to have a day off due to the time of day, and my work has a whole-company meeting tomorrow for the end of financial year review.  But, like my friend pointed out, this is more important.  We're at the mercy of my body, and my body says tomorrow is the day!

I'm not feeling as excited and hopeful as last time.  It's not that I'm feeling negative, exactly.  It's more just a kind of, I don't know, lethargy I guess.  I've never been the most patient of people (I heard that!), so I basically just want it to be over and me to be pregnant.  Fingers crossed it happens tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment