Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

IUI Round 1 Progress Report 1

On Wednesday I had my first ever IUI cycle blood test.  Unfortunately, my hormone levels were still fairly low, so Dr Swift suggested I increase my Puregon dosage from 50 IUs to 75, which I started on Thursday.  This morning I went back for another blood test and now have matching bruises on the insides of both elbows - people are going to start thinking I'm a druggie or something!

After my test this morning, the Clinic called this afternoon and told me that my hormone levels have started going up - which is good and bad.  Good, because it means that I'm responding to the Puregon...But also bad, because the weekend is about to start!  They asked me to go back in for another blood test tomorrow morning and warned that if it looks like my hormone levels are about to surge we might have to do the insemination tomorrow.  Which would be fine for most people, but of course we both work on Saturdays so it could be logistically tricky.  Hopefully my body plays ball and holds off until Monday, as we both have Mondays off, which would make it much easier.  But I am unfortunately at the mercy of my hormones.

It's getting exciting and nerve-wracking now that we're approaching D-Day of our first cycle.  Statistically, I know that our chances of success are slim, but it's still hard to not be excited.  I'm so thankful that we've had such an easy run of it so far - no major side affects, very little fiddling with dosages and so on.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment