Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Situation Update

Today we had our appointment with Dr Swift to discuss options.  He suggested that, because our IUI procedures have been difficult, we may want to consider simply moving on to IVF.  We explained that we're not really keen on IVF right now and that we'd really prefer to have at least 1 or 2 more rounds of IUI.  So, to reduce my stress, make it easier for him, and (hopefully) improve our chances, I need to have yet another surgical procedure, called a hysteroscopy & dilatation.

Basically it's a day procedure in which I get knocked out for about 20 minutes while he sticks yet another video camera inside my vagina to check out my cervix, then he dilates the cervix to try to open it up and keep it more open.  Because of where I'm at in my current cycle, he doesn't want to do that this month.  So, timing-wise, we wait until my next period starts then call to book that in on the Monday following my period.  Then we wait out the rest of that cycle before starting a new IUI cycle.  This means that we are having a two-month break, which is probably not a bad thing, with all the other things going on right now.

So that's where we're at.  Of course, all our problems could be solved if we would just get pregnant!

4 comments: